Kneeling is a more ‘grounded’ type of meditation posture than the chair. For this position to remain as comfortable as possible, you will the two items: A meditation mat and meditation pillow. I use a meditation pillow that is filled with buckwheat hulls. This allows for a firm, yet comfortable seat. Normal pillows may compress too much.
- Place meditation mat on ground.
- Gently kneel on meditation mat.
- Place meditation pillow between your legs (underneath your butt) and sit back on it. Your legs should straddle the pillow.
- Straighten your back, roll and relax your shoulders.
- Rest your hands gently on your knees or thighs.
- Head should be balanced with the chin slightly tucked in.
- Do not sit too high. this puts undue strain on your spine.
- Do not sit to low. this will put undue strain on your knees.